Many people think maintaining a home is all about doing repairs. However, professional home maintenance companies in fact advise that home and property owners perform regular maintenance to prevent the need for repairs in your home or property.
Contrary to popular belief, regular maintenance actually helps prolong the life of your home systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems. Through regular maintenance, you are able to immediately detect potential problems before they become one, or provide an immediate fix to something broken before it gets worse. In the long run, this helps you avoid expenditures that come with repairs or part replacements.
If you do not have any idea how to start, here is a handy guide to doing your own maintenance routine at home.
- Clean your HVAC unit regularly – Make sure to schedule a regular clean-up of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Check the filters and see if they need to be replaced. Home maintenance companies in Dubai recommend that for small families, replacing the filters every 2 to 3 months will suffice. Set aside time to vacuum the refrigerator coils, although this can be done every 6 months or so.
- Clean the kitchen hood – Remove the grease build-up in the kitchen hood filters. You can simply buy a degreaser from an auto parts store and mix it with hot water. Let the filters sit in the solution, then wash it once the grease is totally removed.
- Clean the kitchen sink drain – Regular clean-up of the kitchen drain lessens the possibility of a clogged sink. This allows you to clear up the pipe before a build-up of food particles forms and clogs the pipe.
- Flush toilets and run water in sinks – You may think this wastes water resources, but it actually helps in ensuring that rarely used toilets or sinks will not have any grime or particle build-up. You can do this once a month or even up to every 3 months.
- Test smoke/fire detectors and sprinklers – Having smoke detectors, fire alarms, and sprinklers is a good precautionary measure. However, instead of helping, these systems may fail you if you leave them unattended. Try to test them once in a while to see if their batteries are still working or if they need tune-ups or repair. After all, it is better to be safe than sorry, right?
- Deep clean your home – Experts recommend that you do a deep clean of your entire home at least twice a year. This includes all the appliances, windows, furniture, and all the nooks and crannies of your home. Such a meticulous cleaning will allow you to easily spot potential problem areas and remedy them immediately. Plus, you can be sure your family will have a clean and safe home always.
- Inspect and clean the roofs and gutter – Clean the roof and gutter system of your home at least once a year. Remove all debris that may obstruct water flow and patch up any holes before they get bigger. If you need the assistance of an expert, visit this website http://www.quickquote.ae/ and see how professional home maintenance companies can help you.